|Season 1, Episode 7|
February 20, 2005
Chase writes a play for homework that his drama teacher decides to use in their annual fall production. Chase and Zoey both get to play the main parts and Chase is excited because at the end, the two characters kiss. However, Logan auditions for the male lead and gets the part, ruining Chase's plan. Zoey starts to develop feelings for Logan, much to Chase's annoyance. Chase becomes obsessed with what will happen between Logan and Zoey when they kiss and will do whatever he can to stop it. Meanwhile, Dustin has a cold and Quinn tries to cure him with some of her "Quinnventions" such as a machine that sucks the germs from his tongue and another machine that is supposed to "add proton impulses to the soles of his feet" and ends up tickling him.
Tying in the 2 plots, Chase has Dustin cough into Logan's pillow to make Logan sick enough for Chase to take the role. Unfortunately, during the night, Logan's pillow falls on Chase's bed, and Chase gets sick, and misses the play, but escapes the nurse to stop Zoey. During the play itself, Zoey drops one of her props resulting in Logan make a rude comment to her. To prevent the scene from continuing, Zoey improvises a scene where the alien rejects Logan. Chase cheers, although the celebration is short-lived; the nurse catches him.
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey Brooks
- Paul Butcher as Dustin Brooks
- Sean Flynn as Chase Matthews
- Kristin Herrera as Dana Cruz
- Christopher Massey as Michael Barret
- Alexa Nikolas as Nicole Bristow
- Erin Sanders as Quinn Pensky
- Matthew Underwood as Logan Reese
- Jack Salvatore, Jr. as Mark Del Figgalo
- Patrick Bristow as Mr. Fletcher
- Diane Delano as Nurse Krutcher
- When the Nurse took Chase's temperature, it reads 101, a reference to the show title.
- This episode is a lot like the Lizzie McGuire episode where Miranda thinks she is falling for a guy when he's in a play, but actually fell for the guy he was playing, which is exactly what happened to Zoey.
- The start of tune the "musical" girl sings is very similar to the start of "Oh where has my little dog gone?"
- This is the second episode in which the plots coincide, the first being Webcam.
- Paul Butcher actually had his feet tickled by Erin Sanders for the tickle scene.
- The dialogue in the play changes throughout the episode. If you read the script when Chase is editing out the kiss, it's different from when Zoey and Logan actually perform it.
|Season one episodes|
|Welcome to PCA • New Roomies • Webcam • Defending Dustin • Prank Week • Jet X • The Play • Quinn's Date • Spring Fling • Backpack • Disc Golf • School Dance • Little Beach Party|