What Did Zoey Say? (also called "What Zoey Said" on TeenNick's Facebook page) is a special short video
commemorating the 10th anniversary of the airing of the episode Time Capsule. It features Sean Flynn and Christopher Massey reprising their respective roles of Chase Matthews and Michael Barret, discussing what Zoey put in the time capsule ten years before. It was broadcast on TeenNick on September 18, 2015, in some areas after a re-run of "Bad Girl."
Chase Matthews, seven years after Chasing Zoey, is in the middle of proposing to his girlfriend Alyssa (not Zoey), but is interrupted by an excited Michael, covered in dirt, apparently having spent the day digging up the time capsule at PCA, all to retrieve Zoey's video so Chase can watch it as promised exactly ten years after it was buried. Ignoring the protests of his girlfriend, Chase and Michael try to find someone with a DVD player, but upon only finding a guy with a VHS player, Michael reveals he actually watched the whole video and transcribed what Zoey said: "And now, I want to tell you about one of the most special people I've ever met: his name is Chase Matthews and he is one of the funniest, coolest, nicest guys in the world. And sometimes, I kinda think he has a little crush on me. But other times, I kinda think he just wants to be friends. All I know for sure is Chase is really special to me. And who knows? Maybe he's even my soulmate." An excited chase initially tries to call Zoey using his TekMate, but upon being told no one uses those anymore, he runs out of the restaurant to tell Zoey his true feelings, taking the ring for Alyssa with him. Now left alone, Michael asks her if he can use her bath.
- This is the first Zoey 101-related media released since "Chasing Zoey" in 2008, in turn marking the first appearances of Michael and Chase since then.
- The video ends with a card saying, "To be continued...?" hinting at a follow-up.
- Christopher Massey posted a video on his Instagram from a studio set that includes, among others, Nathan Kress, Kel Mitchell, Jace Norman, Dan Schneider, and Sean Flynn, implying not only a follow-up to this video, but a larger Schneider-verse gathering.
- The canonicity of this video is questionable, given Chase and Zoey already expressed their feelings for each other at the end of "Chasing Zoey." However, it's possible they broke up.
- According to IMDB, Steve Hoefer directed this short.
- It is still unknown if Quinn and Logan are dating.